Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Saturday's Sentence Game #5 - Assassins

Find out more about Saturday's Sentence Game click here

So today is Halloween, and also the last day of Saturday's Sentence Game (for the time being anyway!) so today I thought I would go for an assassin theme. That's right, bad-ass female main characters who aren't scared of getting rid of people permanently. As normal I have avoided any major spoiler's, so the books in this weeks Saturday's Sentence Game are:
 
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep (adult book)
Shaedes of Gray by Amanda Bonilla (adult book)
Assassins in Love by Kris DeLake (I haven't actually read this book yet so have no idea if it's any good!!)
 
 
Page 3
I suppose it could've been the cold or the wind that stole my breath, (Shaedes of Gray) Hands fumbling, fingers shaking, head aching, Rikki leaned one shoulder against the wall, blocking the view of the airlock controls from the corridor. (Assassins in Love)
'You only think you're an assassin.' (Spider's Bite) I clench my fists to hide the trembling and cross to the rickety stairs.(Grave Mercy) Seated in the council room of the Assassins' Keep, Celaena Sardothien leaned back in her chair. (Assassin's Blade)
 
Page 8
It is the herbwitches I like most.(Grave Mercy) 
"Know any....what?"(Assassins in Love) I yanked the pen out of his chest and stabbed him twice more.(Spider's Bite) Ben. (Assassin's Blade) I hadn't seen him in a couple of weeks, and just watching him walk toward me was enough to make my stomach do a backflip. (Shaedes of Grey)
 
 
Page 12
Without looking up, she motions me towards one of the chairs. (Grave Mercy) His eyes burned into mine.(Shaedes of Gray)
One of the first things I'd done when I had been committed had been to break into the patients' repository and liberate the clothes I was wearing when the cops had bought me here. (Spider's Bite)
"They opened three airlocks," the female guard said. She raised her eye brow, but realized he couldn't see. (The Assassins Blade)
 
 
Page 18
I stabbed and then cut with the sharp blade, but all I managed to slice was thin air. (Shaedes of Gray) Long Night. (Assassin's in Love) More and more slaves were making their way into the households of Adarlan's nobility. (Assassin's Blade) I think of all those in the village who worked so hard to make my life a misery. (Grave Mercy) Besides, it was the world's oldest profession. (Spider's Bite) 
 
 
Page 130
Drawing a rasping breath, it turned and jumped, using buildings of the alley for momentum as it bounced from wall to wall, ever upward, and fled into the dark with a speed that belied it's clumsy form.(Shaedes of Grey) Humiliation courses through my veins. (Grave Mercy)"What about work?"(Spider's Bite) She sighed heavily and looked at the clothes folded on the bad next to her rucksack.(Assassin's in Love) Another wolf's head had been moulded into the pommel of her broadsword. (Assassin's Blade)
 

As always I would love to hear your thoughts about this Sentence Game, please comment below or let me know on Twitter @Hillsofbooks.