Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Saturday's Sentence Game #4 - Imprisoned


Find out more about Saturday's Sentence Game click here

In my opinion this weeks books are some GREAT books and I HIGHLY recommend them to you all. So the linkage between these book is that the main character is (rightly or wrongly) imprisoned  at the start on the book. So the book featured in this weeks Saturday's Sentence Game are:

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
ACID by Emma Pass
 
Page 10
Sometimes I'm so desperate to touch to be feel that I'm almost certain I'm going to fall off a cliff in an alternate universe where no one will ever be able to find me (Shatter Me). Closing my eyes, I attempted to focus my thoughts on making the inferno disappear (Poison Study).  
"Maybe you'll listen to me next time, huh?"(ACID). We could have been in Virginia, for all I knew (The Darkest Minds).
"I should hope not!" Celaena interjected. (Throne of Glass)
 
Page 32
"I'm not sure where my room is." (Poison Study)
"It's not your fault," Mel continues (ACID).
She looked at the sunlight filtering through the canopy, how the trees swayed in the wind with their long, bony arms around each other (Throne of Glass). Screams for survival (Shatter Me). Don't do it, I told myself (The Darkest Minds).
 
Page 38
I clung to the wall and wondered if what I had just witnessed had been real (Poison Study). No, he had to remember she was an assassin with the blessing of a pretty face and sharp wit (Throne of Glass). There'll be more people during the day (ACID). I've been lying to myself, determined to deny the impossible (Shatter Me). The woman clucked her tongue and stepped back, taking her flowery fragrance with her (The Darkest Minds).  
 
Page 42
She had a young face, and it was probably a curse in the outside world (The Darkest Minds).Chaol sighed as he dismounted in the open courtyard (Throne of Glass).Tearing myself away from the window, I walked towards Valek's office, arriving at his door just as he was leaving (Poison Study).
The pain in my hip has faded to a dull ache, and the food's made me so drowsy that my anger soon subsided (ACID). I feel nothing (Shatter Me).
 
 
Page 135
Damn him for being so handsome! (Throne of Glass).The reality of the situation struck me at once, with a sharp twist in my side (The Darkest Minds).The fire dance had just ended and people poured from the tent (Poison Study).There is nothing I can use to get my bearings (ACID). 
"You blame yourself for everything" (Shatter Me). 
 

So that's this weeks Saturday's Sentence Game, I have to say that I enjoyed writing this week post, I liked exploring the idea of some of my favourite characters interacting together. Would love to hear what you thought of this weeks paragraphs in the comments below or you can tweet me at @Hillsofbooks.